Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Miss Literal

Today is Baeleigh's first day back to school from Spring break. As usual, she skipped into the bathroom, having completed none of her morning routine. She was practically bubbling over with energy this morning, not unlike any morning. I asked her, "So, are we going to start off on the right foot today and get a sticker?" This year we've had little trouble with her focusing on classwork, fidgeting in class, not zipping her lip when she's supposed to be quiet, etc. Normal kindergartner behavior, I think. The kids are on a sticker system, where every day they get a sticker placed on their calendar if they were good. Needless to say, we've had a few dry months here and there. Occasionally a streak of stickers (and these tend to coincide with parental and grand-parental bribery), but more comments written in the boxes (i.e., not good). What is Baeleigh's reply to my question about starting out on the right foot? "Mommy, which one is my right foot again?"

I'm guessing today will bring more comments in the box.

No comments: